VIEW FURTHER MILITARY COLLECTABLE ITEMS IN:
WW2 AUSTRALIA-BRITISH 1939-45 SERVICE STAR MEDALWW2002Reg Price:
Note : Price is inclusive of insurance*
- Quantity :
Prices shown are exclusive of Aust GST - GST only applies to Australian based buyers
About this itemORIGINAL
WWII AUSTRALIAN / BRITISH / CANADIAN
1939-1945 WWII SERVICE MEDAL
You are buying ONE original WWII 1939-1945 SERVICE MEDAL at a time, they are all in a used similar condition. Awarded to Australian Forces, British Forces, Canadian Forces and all other Commonwealth Forces for the liberation of Europe from Nazi Germany and for fighting Japanese Imperial Forces in the Pacific.
All the medals are in a good condition, and come with replacement ribbons, these medals are all guaranteed 100% original, they are un-named on the reverse.
This medal would make a great addition to your collection, or if you are missing a genuine medal to make up a medal group. All Australians who served in Africa, Pacific and Europe during WWII are entitled to this medal.
Award criteria: The 1939-45 Star was a campaign medal of the British Commonwealth, awarded for service in the Second World War. The medal was awarded for operational service between 3 September 1939 and 2 September 1945.
- Army personnel had to complete 6 months service in an operational command. Airborne troops qualified if they had participated in any airborne operations and had completed 2 months service in a fully operational unit.
- Air Force personnel had to participate in operations against the enemy providing that 2 months service had been completed in an operational unit. Non-aircrew personnel had to complete 6 months service in an area of operational army command.
- Naval personnel qualified if they completed 6 months service, and at least 1 voyage was made through an operational area.
- Royal Observer Corps personnel for service of 1080 days.
* Note: prices shown above are exclusive of Aust GST - GST only applies to Australian based buyers